Friday, June 01, 2007

Day 103

Today's just been one of those friendly kinds of days.

A random military man was asking me about where Orion is and things of the such while we were waiting for our cars to be washed. I think that's the very first time I've talked to a perfect stranger about it..but he was telling me he'd been to Selerno (where O used to be) and that it's a lot nicer than the place O currently is..so we chuckled over that a bit. Nice man. And the guys who washed my car for me were super sweet, too..which is hard when it's SO gross outside.

Then in Walmart, I overheard a woman asking a random associate about make up..and then when the associate left, she was standing there all kinds of confused. So I stepped up and suggested a few things and she seemed super pleased and headed over to where I directed her. It seemed like it was the first time she's ever even thought about make up..or maybe the first time she's attempting to get her real colors. I don't know her story..but I hope I helped a bit.

Still in Walmart..but a few aisles over, I was picking up diapers and wipes..and a frazzled first time mommy pulled me aside to ask a question. She didn't know what size diapers to get. She said she called her husband and he thought that size 1-2 meant the age..so I pointed out that you go by the child's weight. She didn't know how much he weighed currently..but gave me his weight from 3 weeks ago..and from there we determined which size she should buy. I think it's cute that new mommies ask for my help because clearly I'm weighed down by children (in public that's literal) and might just know a thing or two.

The cashier kept referring to Maddox as a "she"..now, either Maddox is super pretty and looks like a female..or is a girl with many male features. I think he's mighty handsome (and O and I finally decided that hey, Calix looks like him..and Maddox looks like me. Awww).

Outside in the parking lot, I was stuffing everything into the trunk (whoops! I left the stroller in there!) with Maddox on my chest and Calix trying to stand up in the cart when the people who were parked next to me came out. I started loading Calix into his carseat and she totally took my cart back to the cart return for me! She was like "you've probably had a long day". How friggin sweet is that??

It's totally the little things.

2 comments:

YogaNana said...

I'm watching the days go back and getting excited for you, just so you know.

Anonymous said...

Me too girl! But I'm getting jealous also, Ryan doesn't get R&R until January.