Friday, July 10, 2009

07-10-09

So yesterday was our one year anniversary of living in Hawaii! It doesn't seem like it's been that long and then I go back and read the old entries and I'm like..ohhh yeahhh. Man, that move was a pain in the ace, wasn't it? Goodness. And to think that we're talking about moving to Germany next time..scary! Too early for that kind of talk though. It's been a good year!

Anyway, so I bought some pastry sheets a couple of weeks ago and they've been sitting in my freezer. This kind of thing happens to me all the time. I have a lot of plain gelatin in my pantry for the same reason. I'll go on a recipe searching craze and it'll seem like every recipe I want to make involves gelatin, or cool whip, or some other random ingredient and so the next time I go to the grocery store, I stock up on those items. And then? Then I can't figure out what recipes I saw those ingredients in..so they sit and wait till I randomly find that same recipe again or something else that calls for those items. Whatever. Point is, I have random stuff in my pantry. No, that's not the point. The real point is that I wanted to use these pastry sheets. Then I remembered seeing an Apple Tart recipe on Pioneer Woman..and didn't think much else about it except that I wanted it.

Apparently..now, hear me out..pastry sheets and puffed pastry sheets are different. Oh well. So mine's a tad different. Crispier..lighter..but still delicious! And because one of my favorite things in the world is caramel, I had to warm some up and drizzle it all over the goodness. Oh, mercy!


So..even though it's different..it's a good different.


But for now, I have a pretty skirt on, it's Friday and my love is home for the weekend (thank GOODNESS, too because I am *tired* and intend on sleeping in tomorrow.), and my babies are singing and dancing..and I say that's how you know they're mine.


Hope ya'll have a swell weekend! Go do something lovely!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

The caramel was an inspired addition. Really.

Kinda looks like you used phyllo dough. No? Either way, looks very yummy. You did it again!

Saint Holiday said...

Here I am, all alone, squatting in the dust, covered with flies and starving, and you post another picture of one of your fantastic desserts. I guess I'll have to go back into the Army. germany also does desserts very well. It also does beer well, but I know you gave that vile stuff up for your old dad. I love you.

Dud