Friday, July 10, 2009

07-10-09

So yesterday was our one year anniversary of living in Hawaii! It doesn't seem like it's been that long and then I go back and read the old entries and I'm like..ohhh yeahhh. Man, that move was a pain in the ace, wasn't it? Goodness. And to think that we're talking about moving to Germany next time..scary! Too early for that kind of talk though. It's been a good year!

Anyway, so I bought some pastry sheets a couple of weeks ago and they've been sitting in my freezer. This kind of thing happens to me all the time. I have a lot of plain gelatin in my pantry for the same reason. I'll go on a recipe searching craze and it'll seem like every recipe I want to make involves gelatin, or cool whip, or some other random ingredient and so the next time I go to the grocery store, I stock up on those items. And then? Then I can't figure out what recipes I saw those ingredients in..so they sit and wait till I randomly find that same recipe again or something else that calls for those items. Whatever. Point is, I have random stuff in my pantry. No, that's not the point. The real point is that I wanted to use these pastry sheets. Then I remembered seeing an Apple Tart recipe on Pioneer Woman..and didn't think much else about it except that I wanted it.

Apparently..now, hear me out..pastry sheets and puffed pastry sheets are different. Oh well. So mine's a tad different. Crispier..lighter..but still delicious! And because one of my favorite things in the world is caramel, I had to warm some up and drizzle it all over the goodness. Oh, mercy!


So..even though it's different..it's a good different.


But for now, I have a pretty skirt on, it's Friday and my love is home for the weekend (thank GOODNESS, too because I am *tired* and intend on sleeping in tomorrow.), and my babies are singing and dancing..and I say that's how you know they're mine.


Hope ya'll have a swell weekend! Go do something lovely!

2 comments:

Jenna Consolo said...

The caramel was an inspired addition. Really.

Kinda looks like you used phyllo dough. No? Either way, looks very yummy. You did it again!

Saint Holiday said...

Here I am, all alone, squatting in the dust, covered with flies and starving, and you post another picture of one of your fantastic desserts. I guess I'll have to go back into the Army. germany also does desserts very well. It also does beer well, but I know you gave that vile stuff up for your old dad. I love you.

Dud