Wednesday, May 20, 2009

05-20-09

I'll be honest, that three day just fruits and veggies detox? Killed me. On day one. I know, I'm so weak! BUT! I'm still mostly eating that way. Tons of fruits and veggies..but I've also brought whole grains back in because I missed them and didn't feel complete without them haha. Berries and a slice of toast for breakfast..I'll pick up an apple or an orange for snacks..I have a big hearty salad (with very little dressing) for lunch and then a decent dinner. See, I'm back to counting calories. Someone Orion works with gave him this book and I'm tellin ya, it has everything in it..and a ton of useful information as well. Because I'm trying to lose weight, I have my calorie intake at 1000-1200. Anyway, I tell you all about this because! I finally beat my plateau! I haven't seen a number this low in a while! YAYYYY!


Okay, that's enough of that. Dinner last night was something I've been wanting to make for a little while now. Asparagus Cashew Rice Pilaf from Allrecipes.com.



The cast:



The result:


Pretty extra delicious!



Calix was in the ER last night due to weirdo bubbling and splotchiness of one of his shoulders from sunburn. Orion and I have never seen anything like that before and wanted to make sure nothing was seriously wrong with the child and that he didn't have an infection or anything. Ya know. While Orion was there with Calix, a nurse came out like almost crying saying how they're sorry it's taking so long for everyone to be seen and that they're way under-staffed for the night..there were 30 people in the waiting room and 2 ambulances with extra emergencies just arrived. So Orion gave up his seat. The nurse looked at Calix's shoulder before he left and just suggested giving him some Tylenol and to keep an eye on it.


To that I say..if they said that originally..if they did that to everyone who was there with nothing horrible..weeded them out, then their waiting room wouldn't be so full and nurses wouldn't want to cry because of it. I know WHY they do it the way they do..but I'm just sayin. Life could be easier.


I'm still very upset with Banana Boat though. Very upset.




Hey, on another note..my scalp is so burnt, it hurts to move my hair. Nice.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Abs! Congrats on completing your first detox! You're not weak. They ARE hard, but they also do get easier with practice. You were kind to your body, so yay for you!

Also, that dinner looks amazing!

I do not envy you your sunburn. I have had those hair-hurting sunburns before. No fun at all. Be careful!

Sarah said...

Oh, yeah...I only trust Banana Boat for their aloe vera gel. Otherwise, I found last year that their sunscreen is not the best. I know, I shoulda told you that like last week...pre-beach day...what was I thinking?!