Tuesday, May 15, 2007

How friendly are you?

Ya know..I've been thinking. And well..coming from parents like mine..all hippie like and what not..I find it strange that I'm..well..kind of wasteful.

Here are a few SMALL things I plan on doing to do my part a bit more:

  • Change ALL of the lightbulbs in the house to energy efficient bulbs (which..if you do the math, it'd be like taking roughly 120,000 cars off the road..just by switching bulbs!)
  • Buy canvas shopping bags instead of using paper or plastic (or hey, mom..feel like crocheting me a few? hemp? hehe..oh, you LOVE me the most, stop it!)
  • Buy a PUR water filter and an aluminum water bottle instead of all of those plastic bottles I use
  • Turn off the water while brushing my teeth and things of the such

Can anyone tell I watched Ellen today? Is it possible for all of YOU to do these simple simple things as well (if you don't already)?

I rarely drive..so I'm doing my part in that area already (hey..I've only filled up the gas tank twice since Orion's been gone..and still have half a tank). And I'd also like to suggest buying SIMPLE Shoes because not only are they super super cute..but check out the eco-friendliness going on there.

I need to find out who on this block..or..in this row, really..took my other recycling bin. Because, ya'll, I actually recycle as much as I can..and with only one bin left? I really don't have room for all of the things I actually recycle. Like tampons. JOKES..JOKES!! Jeeze..ew.


So..what are all of you doing to do your part? I know many of you already exceed anything I could ever ask of you.

Also..if you don't have anyone who sells Seventh Generation nearby (like me..)..go to this site ShopNatural and they have everything you could ever need..and then some. No excuses!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Good for you, Abby! I'm proud of you! Those shoes ARE cute! My friend recommended them too. Great minds think alike!

Big Hed said...

seventh generation is great, their products are all i use. they work really well too.

Anonymous said...

I bought a hybrid! woot woot