Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stuffies

So guess who weighs 9 pounds 4 ounces? That's right..my little man! He would also like everyone to know he's a cool 20 3/4 inches tall. He doesn't, however, want me to tell you all that he cried the whole time they were squeezing blood from his heel..and also farting. The entire time. I was all apologizing because MAN! It stunk so bad!

Anyway, it was finally explained to me that sometimes? If the blood doesn't go all the way through the paper that they do the test on..it'll come back for retesting. The guy was all "nono..don't let it scare the crap out of you" because ya know..I said it scared the crap out of me. Haha! So anyway..he said one of the tests came back just fine..he just had to redo the others. SO! I guess we'll see! He's fine though..I swear to you..the kid is fine. I can just feel it.


So..then I get this phone call a little while ago..from the same guy that called me yesterday and I told him..I said "you have the wrong number, man"..but he called back again today!


Guy: Hey baby..whatchu doin?

Me: Who is this?
Guy: This is D. Anthony, baby

Me: you called yesterday. Yeah..you have the wrong number again.
Guy: I just moved here from Wisconsin. This is Kentucky, isn't it? (talking about my phone number)
Me: Yeah..it's Kentucky. I'm not your baby. I'm married and have 2 of my own babies.

Guy: Oh, okay.. I'm just a real brotha though. I'm sorry, baby.. I won't bother you again.
Me: Thanks.

So then I gets to thinkin. Maybe he's the person who stole Pat's cellphone..and this is how he has my number. It's a theory.




Okay, now I told Cramer this story yesterday..and so I guess I'll finally write it out in here. It's the "How Lyndsay Almost Missed Her Flight" story. Bare with me..it's mighty embarrassing for me..and lemme tell ya, I don't embarrass easily.


So we get there with a little over an hour for check in and all of that. I'm feeling good about the whole situation...even though they did ask me to take Calix's shoes off to go through security..and I almost screamed "do you know how long it takes to put sneakers on a toddler?!!?!?!!" (because for real..it's a struggle). We look down at the ticket and it says "B9" okay..so off to terminal B (her airline usually takes off from terminal A..but I thought maybe something was going on..or her 1st flight out wasn't really through Delta but with someone else..). We find B9 finally and take a seat. Ah, we must be the first ones there, we thought. Time passed..Calix is eating his snack..I'm still frazzled (because the frazzle? never goes away!) and I joke around like "maybe you're the only one on this flight". Time keeps passing..and it's about 15 minutes until her plane's supposed to actually take off. "Hmm..wonder where everyone else is?" And it didn't occur to me at that moment that there should at least be a PLANE at the gate..or hey..maybe even a ticket taker person! We're still waiting. Maybe the flight got delayed or something. Who knows. We check the other ticket to make sure they didn't get mixed up or something..and the 2nd one says like "F36" and I'm not this stupid, right? This airport only has terminal A and B. 5 minutes until take off and I'm like "okay..this is weird. Shouldn't they have started at least boarding by now?" (yes, Abby..let's all board the imaginary plane!) so we go to ask someone who works at the airport what's going on. "Excuse me..her flight's supposed to take off at 3:00..and no one's at the gate. Do you know what's going on..?" He says..he says "what airline?" "Delta.." "Delta's in terminal A" "yeah..but it says B9.."

Are you ready?

"That's her seat number"

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had to literally run across the whole airport! I had Maddox strapped to me..so I held him close so he wouldn't jiggle around..and Lyndsay had the stroller with Calix..and we took OFF! Hauling so much ass through the airport you would have thought we robbed the joint or something. I'm searching searching the ticket for the real freaking gate while we're running and in the teeniest of tiny print it says "A3". AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we finally get to the correct gate..and they're doing the final boarding call. Lynds jumps in "I'm an unaccompanied minor!!!" and we hugged super fast and the guy took her onto the plane.
Talk about a blonde moment! I'd felt so in charge and just on top of everything..all responsible n stuff and then?? Then I let my frazzledness take over and don't even realize till the very last minute that more should be going on at the gate than there really was. How embarrassing! I'm supposed to be this..this mother who was in charge of handling a mighty simple task. Take Lyndsay to the airport. Make sure she gets on her plane. NOT HARD! Apparently only I can make such an idiotic mistake like that. SO EMBARRASSING!!!


And now..Maddox:







Isn't he just SO precious???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How could anyone not love those chubby cheeks??!? It's crazy how much he looks like Calix though! I have heard from a lot of moms that when they have kids close together in age, a lot of people come up and ask them if they are twins (LOL yeah even though one of the kids is like a foot taller) so I'm curious to see what people say about your boys when they get older.

Anywaysss, I was thinking about a post you made last week about O and the other guys having their stuff stolen out of their boxes; and I was thinking about contacting a friend of mine who organizes the care packages that we put together for the troops and asking if we can put something together for all the guys who had things stolen. Do you think that's something O and the guys might like? I don't know if we can replace Xboxes and stuff (unless they wouldn't mind getting an old xbox vs a xbox 360) but I'm sure we could come up with at least *something* that might help.

Let me know and I will make the call!