Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ohhhhhhh....

I know I said I wasn't going to write anything else about the miscarriage..but..how do you know when it's bad enough to go to the hospital?

**Too much information to follow**

When I got up with Maddox around 4, I changed the paddage (I feel weird about using tampons for this) and cleaned up and all of that. Then when I got up for the day around 7:30, I felt a HUGE gush and by the time I got to the bathroom, I literally had a pool of blood in my underwear..that totally missed the pad. I was like..soaking it up with toilet paper and what not because..yo, it's gross. Yesterday, I literally soaked through 11 or 12 pads. It was like, I couldn't keep one on for more than an hour (or less) before it was extra full.

It's kind of the way you bleed after birth, ya know? It's just barely less than that.

I don't know.. I feel all dizzy and what not. Man oh man it sure would be nice to have someone else here to take care of the babies and be fun for them because mommy's out of order. Seriously.

3 comments:

YogaNana said...

So go to the hospital and let them do a D&C or whatever they do these days. You know, if it's that bad and doesn't seem to be getting any better. I had one that went on for weeks. Literally. Not fun.

Anonymous said...

what what what?!?!!? what happened?!?! i had no idea!!! i'm so sorry!!!

Jaz who Doodles and Daydreams said...

Hi, Abby - it's Jaz. I just you here from your mom's journal.

You need to go to the doctor. Odds are, everything is fine. But the bleeding isn't the only thing to be concerned about. If you didn't clear completely out, you could get an infection. The kind that could make you sterile or even kill you. So get to the doctor - they'll take a look, maybe do a D&C if they deem it necessary (they may not) and probably have you take antibiotics.

And you're instincts are completely right about the tampons - when you have a miscarriage, your cervix is open - you don't want to use anything internally.

And do whatever you can to get some rest - let your body do some recovering, if you can. And some emotional rest is called for, too.

Hugs!